View Single Post
      04-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #125
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
No. seeds need at least 60 degrees to even germinate. also, if you're going to put down pre emergent or if you already have the seeds won't germinate. good practice you got there with manual raking as that will help get air flow through the grass and allow sunlight. grass will thicken up as the season goes on and you're best to overseed in the Fall.
Thnx. Yeah, since I'm in cool season grass country, fall is best. I was reading that, for thin/sparse lawns, it is still okay/not a waste to overseed in spring + fall. There's a material cost associated (& time) but I don't know that it'll hurt. We had quite a bit of snow mold in the backyard.

We slit seeded last fall and held off on pre-emergent this spring to give those seeds a chance (also in case we overseed). Thought about 2-pass aerating again as well but maybe we'll hold off until fall.

Which Husq lawn tractor did you have? Was thinking of pulling the trigger on getting one to move away from a lawn cutting service. Can't decide between a JD and a Husq. Even the lower 300-series JD's use the same seemingly much maligned K46 trans.
Attached Images

Last edited by bosstones; 04-08-2019 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0