ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Hi,

BMW is targeting the Gran Coupe differently from the 6er coupe, so that is part of the reasoning for more flexibility. The GC is meant to be a customizable car with the premium that comes with flexibility. Also, the case is usually that Msport kits only come in certain colors, hence the info you see on the website. However, id be willing to bet that you can still order any color you want on the 650xi, but it will be significantly more than what you find offered by bmw in the GC site. It may be somewhere between $3k+$5K for just the paint color option if you go that route. I dont think you will be able to get the interior though unless you get a full indi package, and tha tis big bucks. You may want to call your dealer and ask if there are any priority 1 color options available for the Xi. Another option you may consider is buying the base car in the indi colors you want, and then buying the Msport body kit and have it painted and installed. Its certainly possible, but costly.
Thanks for the quick reply. I will check with the dealer about Priority 1 color options - thanks for that info.

As far as ordering base coupe and then matching M-sport body panels, aside from the expense (plus labor, etc) I'd be concerned about getting the exact match on the Ruby Black.

Although that would be cheaper than ordering the 640i GC with the exact color configuration I like, and then having 2 of the doors cut off

If/when I find out anything I'll post back on this thread also in case others have the same questions.

BTW, on the 640i GC, I should have mentioned that the Individual paint colors are available as part of the M-Sport package, while the Amaro Brown (and a few other individual leather options) is a standalone $5k option, so the paint colors aren't exactly stand-alone, they are just being offered as part of either package.
Appreciate 0