09-20-2021, 11:46 AM   #3553
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
If anyone is looking for the bargain of the year on an e-bike with only 0.1 miles on the odometer and never even outside of the house, please let me know. (Details of my Labor Day Amazon purchase are in the e-bike conversion thread.)

I had everything on the bike assembled early yesterday afternoon, with only an adjustment of the electronic display position on the handlebars and airing up the tires left to do. I swung my leg over the frame to straddle the bike, so that I could rotate the display to be most visible from a riding position. Next thing I knew, I was on the floor in our living room with the bike on top of me! I must have hit the throttle on the way down, because the rear wheel was spinning in the air. My Apple Watch's fall alert was triggered, and it was into the 30-second countdown before calling 911 that I had to abort. The odometer rang up 0.1 miles before I could reach the master battery switch to shut off the power and get out from under the bike. It took over 5 minutes after that to figure out how to get off the floor without kneeling, since I can't put weight on either knee cap without severe pain.

My left ankle has three deep gouges, my right knee is skinned again, my right shoulder has a scrape, and my left chest area where the gizmo is implanted is in pain like it took a direct punch. When my DW came home a little while later, she cleaned up the wounds and put on a total of seven band-aids.

Long story short, I have now come to grips with my life being over and that I am now too old to do even the simplest things.....
But, were you able to put your slippers back on????

Man, take care of yourself!
Appreciate 0