12-31-2018, 04:57 AM   #10
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenjoku7 View Post
.... But do you think the CCBs are worth it? And on a scale of 1-10 (1 being not so bad, 10 being it sounds like you needed new brakes last week) how bad is the squealing? I like the way they look so I wouldn't mind retrofitting them but I don't want to deal with a ridiculous amount of squealing.
Here is a quote from the official BMW M Site.
Quote:
3 Hours...is how long the M carbon ceramic brake is tested in Munich’s rush hour traffic. Why? Everyone knows that sports brakes start to squeak when they get hot. So BMW M engineers use stop-and-go traffic to listen to the brakes, particularly the sound they make towards the end of the braking sequence that go with the M’s aggressive braking style. The sound is caused by the high friction silicon carbide layer. One of the top performers in the test was the BMW M5 with M xDrive
But keep in mind that the retrofit cost about 14.000$ Parts only. Normal life time would be 100.000miles without track days. Honestly I don’t think ist is worth to spend 14.000$ + just for the look. When I was looking for my M6 I thought CCB is a must but than I found mine without and I bought it. I drive regularly over 180mph on our highways and I don’t need CCBs. The normal M brake are perfect. It is a „nice to have“ but in my opinion not a must if you’re are not going on the track.
Appreciate 1