View Single Post
      12-30-2018, 10:21 PM   #9
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenjoku7 View Post
do you live in an area that does emission testing? I really want to do downpipes so I can go stage 2 but I don't want to deal with emissions in Atlanta and can't even imagine the headache of having them installed while living in LA. But do you think the CCBs are worth it? And on a scale of 1-10 (1 being not so bad, 10 being it sounds like you needed new brakes last week) how bad is the squealing? I like the way they look so I wouldn't mind retrofitting them but I don't want to deal with a ridiculous amount of squealing.
I live in NY, yes I do get emissions test every year ,they are illegal here but I don’t care lol,so with catless downpipes you have to get a tune to have the check engine light out if it comes on or you will fail inspection,also choose a friendly tuning shop or garage because you can fail on visual (seeing no cats)during inspection, or you can uninstall them for inspection then reinstall but that’s a pain .
On the CCBs brakes so far I love them ,no corrosion rust, I’m mean almost zero
Brake dust , rims are always clean , track ready no pad swaps !! The brake feel is amazing there pretty grabby , I think you misunderstood I have 32k on my original pads and computer says inspect or replace in another 36k miles so I will have 68k on my first set and they still might be good
For the squeal,I only get it on the rears after a few hundred miles of driving but not that bad it comes and goes , the trick is washing ,pressure washing the rotors when you wash the car , I keep my cars really clean so this is no problem, I had an E63s with steel brakes and squealed worse by far so yeah steel brakes can make noise too , If they were that bad do you think Lambo, Bugatti, Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche ,etc would use them ?Besides of all the bad you heard of them they have been solid for me
Appreciate 1