View Single Post
      07-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #7
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

I just did my first oil change of my ownership about a week ago along with new plugs and coils.

I purchased the car CPO from BMW at ~46k miles and the oil change was done when they took the vehicle in initially. I changed it at just under 50k. I did not have to add oil at any time during this 4k mile interval.

Given that the oil was serviced at BMW's recommended interval of 10k in previous ownership I wanted to try and get the car back to as clean of slate as possible.

Prior to the oil change I used 2 500ml cans of Liqui Moly Engine Flush to help remove any sludgy build up from the long intervals of previous oil changes. I went with Liqui Moly Molygen 5W-40 for the new oil along with 2 300ml Bottles of Liqui Moly Ceratec in with it to 'rejuvenate' the internals in a sense.

* Both the Engine Flush and Ceratec products are to be used only every 5th oil service or 25,000 miles per Liqui Moly spec.

I would like to do a Blackstone analysis once this oil comes out at 55k but my question is would the Ceratec additive skew the analysis on the oil coming out? Should I wait for the following oil service at 60k where ONLY the Liqui Moly 5W-40 Molygen is what is coming out of the engine for a true sample?