lawyerfees
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Where did you buy the rear pads from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Ok guys so I pulled all my wheels to check my pad conditions ,all pads are wearing evenly they all seem identical ,these are the original pads with 35k on them ,my fronts are still 1/2inch thick(12.7mm) from the pad backing plate to the rotor, and my rears are 3/8ths of an inch thick(9.525mm) ,the rears are closer to worn than the fronts.

All my Rotor wear indicators are still solid and round so im not to worried about the condition of the rotors.

You will see in the pics the distance between the pad wear sensor and the rotor ,I believe im still in a safe zone for some time.

I made the final decision upon the info you guys gave me and the cost of rotor replacement to just go ahead and change the pads,I think thats the smartest thing to do.

Im was also contemplating to do the job myself,but im gonna let my indy shop just take care of it as they do them all the time,I have done tons of steel brake setups before and I know its the same concept but I dont want to miss anything and gouge a rotor ,as they say penny wise dollar foolish

Let me know what you guys think of the pics ,would you change them yet?

Thanks again for the help!!!!
My rear pads need to be changed soon on my carbon ceramic brakes. Where did you get your rear brake pads?
Appreciate 0