07-21-2020, 12:57 PM   #4372
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
To be honest, I never fired the FAL or the AR 10, but I definitely prefer the SCAR 17 over the M14 platform.

I found the M14 lacking in versatility if compared to the MK17. I'm just referring to the fact that the modern design of the SCAR is better for a more universal use (close / mid / long) depending on what your role is, vs the M14 is of a bit outdated (yet beautifully classic) platform that would not be as functional in a close quarters environment.

Just my 2 cents, of course. Most weapons can be mastered by the user once they decide to perfect their craft.
I own a civilian M14 (M1A). And I agree with your assessment. And the military did too. Shortest lifespan as US Army primary rifle in the history of the service. BTW I like shooting it but it is limited. I prefer the Garand. Go figure.

I've just never seen a SCAR in person. Seems like a similar thing to an AR10 which I think is an excellent platform. Can be made short barrel or long. Iron sites or flattop for excellent use scoped. Whatever. Plenty of room for more than one choice.
Appreciate 1