TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-tech7 View Post
Hi guys,
So today I got the dreading drive train malfunciton. Car wouldn't shift properly. Pulled over and stop the car and restarted it. It cleared and was running normally. Then when I drove it under M1 setting , the engine was knocking and shortly after, got the high temp. warning light. Overheating i guess. Car is a 2017 M6 coupe with about 53500 miles. Bought it used. Just changed oil about 300 miles ago.
Any body have any ideas or a reputable shop in the Walnut Creek, Ca area?
I'm so bummed. Car was so fun.

Very sorry to hear about the trouble. Sounds very similar to what just happened to me a few months ago, right down to the had just changed the oil recently with just a few hundred miles on the change. Below is a link from my experience.

I can't say enough about the folks at RKAutowerks all the way through the process. They are absolutely the best and the most cost permissive solution out there. I'd be happy to chat with you about my car and what was done but I highly encourage you to call Mike or Raza. There is no hard selling and they will make every effort to educate you.

Send me a DM with your number if ya want to chat.

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1729078
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
MMMM6GC275.00