View Single Post
      01-20-2021, 12:25 PM   #73
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I would call them and check it out. I don't trust them, these people would never make it in the private sector. Here is my recent experience.

My family members (partners) and I all got refunds this year (S Corps) due to a loss in one of the companies. My parents, sister and brother got their refunds within 2 weeks of filing but I did not. I was periodically checking with my accounting firm. They checked status on line and all they could see was it was in processing. I waited until we hit the 60 day mark and called the IRS first thing in the morning. I only had to wait 30 minutes to get someone with a pulse. I ask for status. He puts me on hold and comes back 15 minutes later and says that my refund is being held due to a refund that was sent to me in error for tax year 2017. Hmmm, OK - how is it I don't know about a receiving a refund in error? He tells me, you did know because you returned it. I thought about this for a minute and realized what he was talking about. My sister in law and I have the same name. I pay the estimated taxes on behalf of the family. The IRS applied her estimated payments to my account, even though her social was clearly shown on the check. I was issued a refund which I did not deposit. I discovered their error in looking at the payments I made. The check was sent back to them showing they applied to the wrong account. They correctly applied it to my sister in law.

Fast forward. My account is on hold since 2017 BECAUSE THEY NEVER TOOK THE HOLD OFF WHEN THEY RECEIVED THE CHECK BACK TWO YEARS AGO.
You had one job....

Don't cash that check until you get confirmation.
I tell this to people all the time, anyone who works for any government or government agency will never be held responsible for their actions, they can not be fired or have their pay cut. There is never a consequences for doing things wrong. They also know its going to cost you more to fight them to win your case. Yes most of these people would never make it in our merit bases economy. Even the ones who have more than a clue lack any ambition to do anything which would requirement to do a good job. I honest think the US government has created all these jobs because some of these people would not survive elsewhere and we would have10% permeant unemployment.
Appreciate 0