Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
[QUOTE=LeonBisha;29243508]Hi everyone sorry in advance for my horrible bad experience my M6 Cabrio 2016 30k miles seized up a few months back!

I tried to get used warranty and sent it to bmw and they refused it due to computer picked up a Remap a while back apparently so they said!

After alot of running around, managed to source a garage that wpuld help me rebuilt my engine and we would fit same engine but with Forged Rods instead of standard Rods! So here is my journey fitting engine :-)

Bought a new crank from BMW and to facilitate for the Forged Rods, had the crank precision adjusted weight!

Started putting everything back together, new crank, rods, and all small bits that go with it, inc new gaskets of course, Did not change the pistons, kept the original ones!

Slowly mechanic guy including myself we started putting engine together, double checking every bolt,screw,clip and we did double check and to our knowledge everything is as it should!

We fitted all 8 new injectors including all new spark plugs and coil packs!

So the moment of truth comes, we start the car and it runs a bit rough on cold start, Bear in mind car is now stock with no remap and cold start active BUT we do have OEM Downpipes Gutted!

Once car is warmed it seems to be running nice when driving, when on idle it does run a bit rough and car sort of shakes a bit!

So went ahead put back remap, catd deleted, cold start deactivated… still rough cold start and rough idle running even when warm!

Plugged computer and only get one error code:

102002: Air Mass, Plausibility: Air Mass To Low

Did smoke test— no leaks

Swapped MAF’s other way around — no change

Swapped MAF’s completely — no change

Tuner says you have air leak…
Mechanic smoke checked and we put engine together and no smoke leak!

Its been so frustrating and time consuming, and realy cant seem to get a break!

Really hoping someone had same/ similar experiences and can share more info!

Once again apologies for the long essay :-)[/QUOTE

Holy exclamation points batman
Appreciate 0