View Single Post
      01-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #14
JC04
Private
Rep
Drives: MX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB6 View Post
Depends on tire. I run my PSS in front at 36 and my rear R888 at 34. These are cold pressures. You will have the wobble till they warm up. Also, these tires are not meant for cold seasons so it will take longer for the wobble to go away if it ever really does on a short commute. These cars are extremely delicate steering as well. Any little changes in tire pressure, season, the car sitting for a long time creating temporary flat spots; all will affect feeling through the steering.
Maybe get the tire/wheels balanced then play with the pressure. That's really the easiest place to start trouble shooting and most likely the wobble will go away.
Not sure I understand your point in the reply. I understand summer tires will not work well in the cold can have a flat spot if it parks too long. The wobbly happens when the tire pressures too low from the recommended pressures. It will not happen if the tires are rated for the car and the pressure is within the specs. In addition, it doesn't matter what tires you're running when you put 44 cold PSI in it for the 265/35/20 and 295/30/20. It will wear down the middle of tires within a few thousand miles. You also decrease the surface area of the tires that in contact with the pavement. At a result loss of traction.

The spec for 265/35/20 front and 295/30/20 is 34 PSI front and 34 PSI back and you can go up to 36. It's all in the manual. Too far out of those specs you'll wear down your tires evenly.

Last edited by JC04; 01-21-2020 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0