12-20-2021, 09:40 AM   #1
NGROSSO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6 -- 2016 M6

M6 tuning, exhaust, down pipes questions

Hi all,

Been driving my car for 4 months now and love it. Winter season in the northeast means I have time to sort out my knit-picky things. One being the exhaust. I have Miesterschaft 102mm with Catless dp’s. The thing sounds amazing although for a small town like mine it might be a little much. Turns a few more heads than I was hoping. If I were to test out putting my stock dp’s back on the car, am I really going to lose that much performance and is it a pain for adjusting the tune?
Yes I’m aware catted pipes won’t be as fun overall, but I’ll blend in a little more and be NY emissions legal which would be nice for the ease of things.

I’m running DME S2 which means I should be getting around 690whp. I always understood catless dp’s meant 30-40+whp but after doing more research, on a 700hp car it shouldn’t be more than 3-5 with proper tuning.

Secondly, I get an annoying exhaust rattle in low rpms *sometimes*. Is this a mounting problem with the exhaust or just a result of the catless DP’s?

So anyone have input on the exhaust rattle?, effect on tune if I were to add my DP’s back? And if it might be the more refined sound I’m hoping for? Thanks!
Appreciate 0