09-11-2021, 07:19 AM   #1
ikenjoku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i

Garage List
2014 f13 M6  [0.00]
Hey guys. So I went on a trip out the country a while back and I came back to my driver side soft close motor failed. Another fun thing my car does is unlock and itself whenever I stand by the passenger side of my car too long. It'll also sound like my gas cap is constantly trying to unlock itself. I did some research and found threads for both issues but they don't seem related so I have some questions before I go about repairing.

1. The soft close motor on the driver side is the only one not working. BMW of midtown in Houston were quick to tell me that I need to replace both sides but that doesn't even make sense. Can I get away with just going on eBay and getting just the driver side motor? Shoot I'll do the install myself if I can find the tutorial on how to remove the door panel.

2. It seems that the car unlocking itself is a issue with the passenger side CA door handle. Am I buying just the handle or the whole assembly? Can I simply just buy another door handle or do I need to get it coded? Could this be related to my driver side soft close motor failing?

3. I'm pretty sure the CA door handle malfunctioning is also killing my battery but I have a 14 with 65k miles on it. For what it's worth I had no battery issues until this started happening. Should I go ahead and replace the battery too? Take it to get recharged? Or can I just leave it alone?
Appreciate 0