View Single Post
      03-01-2022, 02:30 PM   #180
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
Yeah, that's WAY off. The contour of the curve doesn't even match up. I have to wonder if what they sent you is even for the M6. Damn near every single aftermarket piece of CF I've owned needs a bit of work to fit perfectly, but that is taking it to an impossible level.

Now comes the return/refund dance...such a pain. Ugh.
Big time. And yeah, as you said the curves are completely off. Even if I were to somehow get it closer to the bumper, the gap would be very noticeable. At this point I'm going to be stuck with the OE competition diffuser until I can source one that I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiskjock View Post
Did you remove the bumper cover to try and get it fitted? The bumper cover has more freedom to flex when off the car. Most rear diffusers will have some tension when it's all screwed in.

Also, that rear diffuser needs to be pulled towards the rear another inch or so to clip in correctly. All of it is done much easier with the bumper off the car.
Removing the bumper wouldn't change the fact that the curves are off in some areas. I installed the Vorsteiner style version on my last M6 and it sat a lot more flush just from doing the same type of test fit that you see done in the photos. The clips didn't even line up; we'd have to use a dremel to make that work. But even so, there isn't nearly an inch worth of space to pull the diffuser toward the rear.

I hear what you're saying about the bumper can flex more when off as my front bumper and side skirts were removed for a flush fitment. This is just too off to begin with and would still take some major fabrication to get it on and likely still not look up to my standards.
Appreciate 0