View Single Post
      11-18-2022, 04:01 PM   #32
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
I dont think "hardcore" is even what normal people would call hardcore; probably more of a "work an actual job" than anything. Over the years, theres been tons of videos/posts of twitter employees showing their typical day. Show up late, eat breakfast, maybe jump on a call, head to lunch, do some meditating or something, maybe jump on another call, grab a coffee, do a little work, and then peace out. Seems more like a casual work retreat than an actual job.

Even on most of the job/company websites, they report a majority of employees work 40hrs or less per week. and when you see the reports from current/former employees talking about how much work they actually do in a day, you can understand why he would want them to be more "hardcore" and why a lot of people are upset.

The difference between Musk coming in and getting rid of slackers and underperformers, and what happens in other companies when they get bought out or a new boss comes in, is he is doing it much more publicly, to a much more public company, whose employees know how to get the most exposure from it. Add in Musk seems to be the current enemy of a lot of the regular media, and it seems to be getting way blown out of proportion.
I’m sure there is some of that, but blanket statements are usually wrong and I think they are here too. And a lot of those new bosses mess up and make things harder on themselves because they start getting rid of people before they know truly what they do and if they are valuable or not. But they look good to the new owners and don’t care because they are part of the club. Until it is there turn to be on the other end of it………….

What’s with the media stuff? He’s a hugely influential person in the world and him buying one of the biggest media companies in the world is news. Especially when an extremely large percentage of the work force is let go. That is also news period. When do massive layoffs from a large company and the reasons why not get reported on?

I think that is what the story is, not that he is letting people go but such a huge percentage of it and how he is doing it.

Last edited by minn19; 11-18-2022 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0