View Single Post
      11-18-2022, 03:48 PM   #30
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Last, why is it assumed that if someone doesn’t want to go “hardcore” they are automatically considered slackers and not productive/important employees?
I dont think "hardcore" is even what normal people would call hardcore; probably more of a "work an actual job" than anything. Over the years, theres been tons of videos/posts of twitter employees showing their typical day. Show up late, eat breakfast, maybe jump on a call, head to lunch, do some meditating or something, maybe jump on another call, grab a coffee, do a little work, and then peace out. Seems more like a casual work retreat than an actual job.

Even on most of the job/company websites, they report a majority of employees work 40hrs or less per week. and when you see the reports from current/former employees talking about how much work they actually do in a day, you can understand why he would want them to be more "hardcore" and why a lot of people are upset.

The difference between Musk coming in and getting rid of slackers and underperformers, and what happens in other companies when they get bought out or a new boss comes in, is he is doing it much more publicly, to a much more public company, whose employees know how to get the most exposure from it. Add in Musk seems to be the current enemy of a lot of the regular media, and it seems to be getting way blown out of proportion.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 4
cmyx6go15762.50
Run Silent15127.00
MKSixer34184.50