Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
This is correct. All the "true" quattro systems are rear wheel bias (S and RS increasingly more to the rear). The only quattro system that is front bias are the new "Quattro Ultra" systems found on the base models that split power 50/50 but revert to front wheel drive when no slip is detected (basically a way to sell the quattro name with fwd bias system).

I will say though "buy an SQ5" isn't really a fair comment. They feel very different and the new Macan S gets the detuned 2.9 twin turbo V6 from the upper Audi and Porsche lineup (much better engine in my opinion vs the SQ5's 3L twin scroll turbo). The Macan also handles much better/smaller for what it is. Now if money is a concern, of course go with the SQ5, but then you really need to be considering the X3 m40i in my opinion.
While what you wrote is undoubtedly correct, does it really justify a 20-30k extra he would be paying for that Porsche badge? Performance wise there won’t be any huge difference and Audi is much more spacious.
After driving both. The Porsche still feels like a Porsche. Both in quality and driving dynamics.

That's worth the price to me.
stein_325i25083.00
Germanauto9702.50