02-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #239
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
How is that well said? Just because the GT-R is a Nissan, it can't be compared to a BMW? That's ridiculous. I think the performance of the GT-R speaks for itself.

Don't get me wrong, I love BMW's, but I also appreciate other cars that can perform. How is comparing the M6 to the GT-R retarded? Because the M6 is more luxurious it can't be compared to another performance car, is that it? That's fine that you wouldn't personally buy a GT-R, everyone has their preferences as they should. The thing is, when a car is in a similar range of performance as another, there will always be a legit reason for comparison.
The gentlemen below pretty much answered exactly how I would have. Do you think that Nissan target market for the GT-R is the same as BMW's target market for the M6? If so, you are verrrrry wrong my friend!

The M6 is aimed at the 40+ crowd, while the GT-R is aimed at the 30+ crowd.
Two totally different markets IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
The GT-R is a sportscar designed for the track. Its stiffer, rougher...etc. But it is much faster in terms of handling and acceleration. The M6 is a GT car meant for fast cruising and comfort with better built quality and prestige. Just because they are both roughly in the same price category with two doors doesn't mean they are comparable. Its like comparing a Bentley GT to an F458. It doesn't make any sense. As much as I love the GT-R, it is not THE car to be measured against everything else. Christ.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0