View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 02:13 PM   #9
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan View Post
i'll definitely take and post pics when i get a chance. one thing i've also noticed is that the top "CF" part of the lip seems to easily separate from the FRP body. one of the lips i've gone through has had this on the underside too, with minimal scraping. i'd seriously just like to get something that's built a little better and won't come apart if you look at it wrong, it's rather annoying.
Hmm that is rather strange for it to separate from the FRP body. perhaps there is a manufacturing flaw somewhere there. I know one of my lips was epoxied very well, my first one was very well done. my second seems to be clear coated, and i can actually move the weave underneath it. I chipped the edges from driving off a small cliff, and it actually broke a chunk of clear off, without damaging the CF portion. I will try to capture a small video or picture to show what i have seen. I purchase from jc sportline or spec-m on ebay, the spec-m had some fitment issues sometimes, i went through 3 of their lips, and they were epoxy finished though. my jc sportline version is clear coated. both same styles. yet different process in manufacturing. luckily you can refinish the part if not damaged, and it will be fine