View Single Post
      12-24-2020, 08:56 PM   #1
Msparta
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

It all started with a bimmerlink diagnosis based on the dreaded engine light that would continue to get triggered even after clearing the fault various times...

Thanks to help here and verifying the faulty oxygen sensor located on bank 2, upstream which is pre cat...

Once I was able to order the deep socket wrenches and confirming for a second fine I went ahead and ordered the sensor... then i got right into it.

I rigged up a straw vac to clear the sandy particles in the socket before removing the sensor... I then cleaned the socket area carefully to remove any obvious grime and dirt... the sensor itself seemed easy to install, thankfully it was the upstream and not the downstream which would have involved removing more hardware to make space to work that sensor...

My Christmas gift was hopefully erasing this engine light for good lmao! And plus saving a shit ton of money having done it myself! I'm not sure what the dealer would have charged me but basically my our of pocket expense was the sensor which was about $250+ and the deep socket wrench which was like $10... all in all a win. Cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1