View Single Post
      04-13-2021, 07:47 PM   #14
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
You should test drive a Supra then. It's the most comfortable car of everything you listed but still very comparable to the other two. Though you should probably try and find a 981 to test drive as well. Keep in mind that you can get 3.0 premium Supras for 50-51k right now very easily. An OK optioned average mileage 981s is going to cost you more than that. I also don't get the impression from what you said that you would like the 981 base as it really needs to rev to make any power.
I love everything about the Supra except for the looks. I just can't get past all the unnecessary scoops, winglets, and all the fake intakes and vents. The car is trying too damn hard visually and comes off a bit poser-like. It's dialed up to 11 when I'm sure it would be exceptional looking at a 9. The Japanese just can't resist all the unnecessary aero stuff. I miss the restrained Japanese styling of the 1990s.