View Single Post
      12-17-2018, 08:25 AM   #8
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbourneFinn View Post
Good luck with the mods. For what it’s worth, I think you have gone to too much extreme with lowering springs - doesn’t look good anymore when the wheel arches seemingly don’t follow the wheel shape... but that’s just my opinion...

I think you need to do something pretty aggressive with spoilers and side skirts to compensate - I mean get it properly “pimped”. In my opinion, GCis such a gorgeous body shape that too much of anything will not make it look better - on the contrary... But hey, this is just my opinion...

Maybe consider breaking the lines with some more aggressive paying/stripes? 21” wheels would probably have a positive impact as well... And if you have spoilers and diffuser in gloss block, go for the same colour with wheels.

If it was mine, I’d do the paint correction and potential coating firs, then consider what else is required...
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I’m going to have to disagree with you on all that you mentioned. Maybe it’s the angle of the picture, but the drop makes the car look 10x more aggressive, in my opinion. And as far as all those add on’s (side skirts, 21’s, stripes?), to me that actually takes away from the car, as you said you thought the drop did. And the diffuser & spoiler will be carbon fiber, not gloss black. I have a pretty good track record when it comes to modified cars, so you’ll have to check back in when I’m done to voice your opinion - I’ll have some DSLR pics uploaded as well. As for the paint correction, that doesn’t affect how I view mods so doing that now would only mean I have corrected paint. But I’m in Ohio which means it’s winter time and I don’t like doing any paint correcting when it’s less than 50°F - product has to work harder in those conditions.
Appreciate 0