View Single Post
      06-13-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
SanDiego640
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i Gran Coupe

I purchased my 2016 640i GC as a CPO vehicle about 18 months ago. Here are the reliability issues with the car that were either addressed before I made the purchase, and those that have occurred since:

- Airbag system fault, repaired before purchase
- Lane departure warning steering wheel vibration mechanism came loose, repaired before purchase
- iDrive controller would experience intermittent jamming/would be very difficult to turn at times, repaired under CPO warranty
- Sunroof gaiters (plastic components which keep air from blowing in/out the sides of the sunroof when opened), both replaced under CPO warranty
- Beginning of delamination of center console trim, repaired under CPO warranty
- Center console lid, left side does not open. Spring failure. Only opens after pressing the button then lifting the door up. Dealer claimed not covered by CPO warranty, not repaired. Cost to repair outside of warranty: $1,000 plus labor.
- Driver's window regulator replaced due to overheating during use. Repaired under CPO warranty.

The vehicle had 31K miles on it when I purchased it, and has 44K miles now.

In all, the vehicle had more go wrong during the warranty period than I expected.

I'm interested in knowing what problems other 640/650 owners have experienced that are unrelated to the N63 engine in the 650.

Thanks everyone!
Ron
Attached Images

Appreciate 0