View Single Post
      01-30-2024, 04:26 PM   #5
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
1 month follow up. The lines and fitment are still great but the left mirror cap developed a loud whistle. I worked with IND one the issue and they coordinated a replacement. I can't say enough good things for their support. Prompt, professional, helpful!

The new cap arrived very quickly and I have removed and replaced and test drove with it on. The fit was much improved with this cap, not that the other was bad, but that said the whistle remained although in a slightly lower decibel than the first.

To fix the whistle I removed the replacement cap and taped along the outer lip and along the edge of the tabs. I think popped the cork on a new tube of of Permatex Ultra Black Gasket Maker 82180. I made a about a 1/8ths inch bead along the top edge all the way down to the way from the top left to the top right. I allowed it to cure in the sun for about an hour. I then reinstalled and went out to this street in Mexico to test for the whistle.

I am happy to report that the problem has been resolved and nothing can be seen from the outside.

Knowing what I know now I'd still buy the product but would install the permatex before doing the install on the car.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1