07-25-2020, 09:35 PM   #1379
bigrum
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
I have not used an electric smoker, I do have two treagers and I have used a vertical water smoker (basically a cabinet with a propane burner, cast iron smoke box and a bowl of water).

If there is a water tray I would guess the electric smoker is similar to the vertical (not 100% sure).

When done properly I think you get better quality out of the more 'traditional' smokers, however I think you get 90% of the quality for about 20% of the work with the pellet cookers.

I think pellet cookers are a great way to get started because they are so easy that you will actually use them, they are pretty versatile and can produce outstanding food.

Pellet cookers allow you to work on your recipe because the 'cook' is a very well controlled variable.

If you already have a grill an electric smoker could be a nice addition, if you are looking for an all in one (at least for now) the pellet cooker is pretty good.

I want a stick burner now, and I may build one.
This assessment is spot on.

I've always had Weber gas grills which I love, but I recently also bought a GMG Daniel Boone. I then bought the pizza oven accessory and holy crap this thing is a pizza CHAMPION. My very first run ever and the pizzas were perfect. Now I just have to work on the round shape, this isn't the GMG's fault.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
RickFLM410954.50