09-11-2019, 04:49 PM   #16
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
I probably would not have commented in this thread...but the fact that the dealership offered to install them for "free"...but then installed them backwards is kind of hilarious.

As mentioned...the lights are being viewed from the perspective of standing between the open door and the car's interior...so they should be seen as a mirrored affect. Just like your hands (for an example)...the left hand's thumb is on the right side...and the right hand's thumb is on the left side. If your thumbs were on the same side of each hand...then that would be odd.

I bet if the OP had gone with the BMW door projector lights...it would have been more noticeable that the projector had been installed upside down...especially when standing in the door and you see WMB projected on the ground.

If the projectors get reversed...then they'll only appear backwards to the person opening the door for you...but for the passenger getting into the car...the projectors will be installed correctly...and I think that is who the projector lights are for...the person entering the car...not the one standing on the opposite side of the door.

Yeah, I see your point. It was my call to install them the way they are. I thought they should align with the mats and sills. I’m sure that they’ll swap them for me if I ask. I can probably do it myself as well. Thanks for your input.
Appreciate 0