03-02-2021, 05:00 PM   #93
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by packet View Post
I'd like to add my 2 cents to this.
Background: was given 2 different 330's as loaners while car was getting fixed (had to make 2 trips - first to diagnose, second to get the parts in)

The new 2020/2021 3's are just awful from the inside - as in they've been deliberately hobbled to look bad unless you splurge on options/updates.
The first 330 did not feel or drive like the classic 3 series performance vehicle you'd expect, and the insides were bare bones sparse in terms of buttons, dash, etc. To me, at that point, you're just paying the premium for the roundel badge and getting a bad deal in terms of performance, luxury etc. Sure you got electric seats, but that's it. Engine strained, did not rev freely etc.
Second 3 had a bit more of an upgrade - better full live cockpit pro dash, but again, button feel and look - terrible. That silvery metal look. (and apparently that style of square silver coloured buttons is in the new M8 Competition as well)
Much better engine performance though, happily revving up and down. But the instrument cluster and the idrive 7 based screen - just ugh.
Compared to idrive 6, idrive 7 just looks ugly and unpolished. The fonts are off, the colours aren't right, there's no aesthetic flow, etc.
The only saving grace - both cars did not have the hideous giant fuck off grilles.
That's odd. I used to travel 50% of the time and frequently chose the 330 G20. I've also rented that car to go skiing in SLC and still remember how fantastically it handled.
Appreciate 0