View Single Post
      08-04-2021, 10:56 AM   #55
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnson32 View Post
Interesting observations over time with the use of the 5W-50 -- it's almost as if it's 'healing' your engine based on the trends of the wear metals and the amount of additive/dispersant still present in the oil. I'm sure the reduced usage intervals have helped as well, but it looks like the oil is doing well.

Posting up the report I just got back from Blackstone a few days ago after my 65k change. Slightly longer interval than the first sample, but the Liqui Moly Molygen 5W-40 seems to be holding up well according to their comments.

Thank you i noticed after i changed and did a few samples that the engine was doing pretty well, at least from the reports.

The most important characteristics though i think are with the viscosity ratings. when i was using the Liquimoly 5w-40 and 5-30 oils the oil was never the right viscosity rating when at temperature, and i feel like that is what most of the wear is occuring really. if the oil is shearing and not being protective at high temperature and medium loads, image how damaging a high heat, high load situation would do to bearing materials and other internal components.

On your report the engine looks to be doing well, but consider trying a -50 weight to up the viscosity at temperature, and you should see less wear in the engine. either liqui moly 5w-50 or redline right now seem to be doing the best on these engines for the high heat load present on the oil.