View Single Post
      11-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #32
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derboy View Post
1. Mine is a 2014 and has NBT so I’m guessing yours will.
2. No. Coding is required. The iDrive needs to know that touch is enabled so needs to be coded to show the touch options in settings and in the text entry screens.
2a. IDrive Touch controller + Touch ECU + wiring harness (very simply harness that splices the existing cables between touch ECU and controller). These parts are readily available on eBay if you search for them.

3. Upgrading the iDrive controller for looks alone is worth it in my opinion and after that it doesn’t cost much to add touch. I disagree with previous comments regards usability as I find it pretty good but have to agree that I don’t use it often. In my view changing the screen to the newer OLED version is a much better value upgrade and requires no coding either.

Hope that helps
This is a very useful discussion for me. On question 2a, can you confirm you don't need a new center console and that a touch idrive controller will fit into the CIC controller's slot?

Also on #3, so if I simply upgrade the OLED screen and the plastic housing that you discussed earlier in the thread, is there any coding needed? Or it's just plug and play?

Does the image gets stretched? I'm afraid it's akin to watching TV/movies designed for 480p 4:3 aspect ratio on a 1080p 16:9 aspect ratio.