Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
I'm guessing if the cars were reversed, Russell would've been penalized though. Valterri definitely moved over to the right to get back on the racing line. Russell had no choice but to move/flinch right at that speed. The worst part of the collision aside from Williams having a decent race blown apart, was the red flag that put all lapped traffic back in line with the top 8 drivers.
I thought it was a racing incident...and Russell let himself down with his tantrum at Bottas.
The red flag was unavoidable...and surely a safety car would have reshuffled the pack to exactly the way it was for the restart?
True...Hamilton (and Perez?) really lucked in with the timing of the red flag but it made for a fun sprint to the chequered flag.
Not sure if the saturday sprint race idea for later this year is going to work as well though.
Agreed it was a raining incident which was unavoidable after the initial move. I have little doubt it was a blocking effort though, but it is was it is. Russell was definitely emotional over it and there was little doubt in mind that given his walking pace to Bottas' car, he was on a mission to give him a piece of his mind. I can also appreciate Bottas giving him the middle finger given the crash had just happened, but I believe Bottas knows he's at fault here and will never admit it.

Truth be told I was excited to have a Williams pass a Mercedes, but replace Williams with team/car X and I'm still happy. :

I'm excited to see Lando drive this season. His performance compared to Riccardo is quite impressive. A

lso Ferrari's return to the upper mid pack seems to be realistic although they don't seem to have the race pace to hold it.

All in all we can only hope for a season that isn't over half way in overly dominated by one team, again. Although my instinct tells me it's the same as Brawn GP and they're developing next years car to leap frog the field once again...
Appreciate 1