11-19-2021, 11:45 AM   #170
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I'm surprised because I love my g05. The b58 in it is so smooth and pretty potent (quicker than an IS350

It's not an athlete by any means but putting it in sport plus firms it up well and it's more engaging to drive than anything else in the segment (with the exception of the much more expensive Cayenne).

But it isn't really supposed to be an engaging to drive car... it's a very comfortable, well put together luxury SUV. Not sure how much it changes by options (mine is fully loaded at $82k with pretty much every option checked) but I feel it has the best interior this side of a Bentley Bentayga. It's also the quietest car in its segment. It's one of the rare moments I'd say it feels like it's actually worth $80k+
It all depends on one's expectations I suppose. We had multiple X5s in the family before this car, most recently a 2012 X5 M Sport with factory engine and exhaust upgrade. That car was a total tank. The steering was very heavy and for an SUV, you felt like you were driving on rails. There was no guessing as to where the tires were on the road. Absolutely no "floaty" sensation whereas the G05 it feels the body is disconnected from the chassis. I'd say the Macan is a modern interpretation of the E70 X5, but much lighter obviously.

I agree the interior is world class. We have Tartufo Merino leather with the glass controls. Tech is seamless. Very spacious, etc. The X5 is certainly worth the price.
Appreciate 1
wtwo318038.50