View Single Post
      06-16-2019, 08:15 PM   #6
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikxi View Post
I'm rocking RK Carbon Fiber intakes which sound amazing. They're a little less expensive than the MSRs, but side by side, the MSR's air suction sound is louder (but it is also $300-400 more expensive). Those would be my two options for intakes.

Exhausts, Eisenmann or Meisterschaft GTHaus. Those would give you the exotic exhaust sound you're looking for, but comes at a price. Can't go wrong with Akra either but again, costly.

Regarding catless downpipes, they're all just hallow pipes. Some come coated, some don't. Additionally, you're really paying for brand name and fitment. Instead of experimenting with the lower costing catless DPs (ie: i've heard fitment issues with VRSF, but that's not saying they all have fitment issues), I initially went with AMS catted downpipes. Sold those and decided to go catless. A buddy of mine was selling his Meisterschaft catless downpipes. They've been good to me. I would recommend Meisterschaft or Evolution Racewerks. They're on the pricier side but I have never heard of any fitment issues or issues in general. Sometimes you have to pay the price for less problems?

Once you go catless DPs, it will definitely throw code. In order to remove said code, you'd probably want to get a tune. I am currently running BM3 and have not had any issues.

I've practically done everything you can think of to this car with the exception of engine build from bottom up, so if you have any further questions, let me know.

I have some old video and sound clips of the car with my catted dps if you'd like to check them out.

https://www.instagram.com/imsikxi

Hope this helps.
I checked out your instagram your car came out really nice very tasteful!
I’m running Meistershaft GTC full exhaust, AMS Catless DPs, and RK Autowerks Carbon intake with K&N filters with prefilters , going in next week to DME tuning to change and gap my plugs plus stage 3 tune car sounds absolutely crazy getting a lot of compliments, thumbs up, and a Shaka lol !

Can I ask you were you got the obsessed sticker on your front diffuser I likely ? Thanks
Appreciate 0