View Single Post
      07-10-2020, 03:08 PM   #10
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

If anything I would question them on the concept of Goodwill. It should be a technical claim against the warranty. In both cases you don't pay anything today for this incident.

The reason is important is that your car only gets a certain amount of goodwill allowance. And you don't want to use up that allowance when technically the warranty covers it. This will only come and play if say in 2022, a major issue comes up and they use some type of algorithm to determine how much goodwill to apply to your situation and that part of the algorithm see that you've used a $8,000 allowance already on the exhaust. It may reduce the amount of goodwill repairs that they are going to commit to you at that time, resulting in you paying more out of pocket.

I've done stuff like this for my X5. When the car was under CPO it also has some emissions issues. BMW fixed it under either the federal or California emissions warranty claim. I told them to register it as a claim against the CPO. Mostly because if anything happens again that's related to the fix, I could go back to them and say the CPO terms cover subsequent defects on the fixes that were not appropriately performed the first time around. The federal in California emissions warranty certainly does not have those provisions and does not force BMW to refix an issue that was caused by a poor remedy.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 07-10-2020 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 2
MMMM6GC275.00
BBHMM34.00