GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
GenXer what is your housing situation? Are you looking? Already own? Looking to sell? Just making observations on the market?

I’d be more interested in comparing $/ft vs local median household income to that of earlier times. I find it ridiculous when comments are made that someone is financially unstable if you cannot afford housing making $55k/year. That number is significantly different from southern California or NYC vs middle of nowhere Iowa. We make more than that and I still think it’s nuts what you get for your money. Although we may not be looking to max out our pre-approval like most

In my area, a nice home in a nice area comes out to about $190-$200/ft, but the median is closer to $140/ft. I’ll tell you, you do NOT want to live in this town at that price. Median household income is about $50k.
I purchased my home 4 years ago. It's affordable but it's a bit cramped. Mine was at $150/ft which is decent for a brand new house. I just wish it had a bit more land. I wouldn't mind living in a more rural area.
Appreciate 0