View Single Post
      07-01-2019, 09:49 PM   #1
ab022688
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 Competition Convt.

2014 BMW M6 Comp. Engine knocking... Any advice?

So I've had my 2014 M6 Competition Convertible for 11 months now with 35001 miles on it now and bought it with 28950 miles. Up until a few nights ago I loved every minute of it. Car is completely stock, no mods whatsoever. Can also ran flawlessly up until this night.

Took it out to run an errand and heard a faint "tapping" sound about a few miles into the drive... I figure I'd pull over to check - popped the hood, didn't see or smell anything that would cause an alarm to go off. I was a couple miles from the house but didn't want to risk anything so I turned around and went home. As I pull into the driveway and open my door I hear a loud knocking noise coming from the engine... now I'm worried.

I later proceeded to run the engine oil level check and it says oil level OK. I then had a friend who is a tech come over and look at the car and he basically said the engine is done. Either a spun rod bearing or a bent rod and I would need a new engine.

The car has been meticulously serviced by the previous owner according to the Carfax and I just did an oil change at a BMW dealership just 3000 miles ago. He mentioned that maybe something happened there to lead up to the rod going. I have contacted BMW NA and they said to take it to the dealer for a diag. and they will see what they can do but she didn't sound to confident on being able to help out.

Anyone have any advice out there as to what I can do?

Here is a link to the noise that it's making now:

Appreciate 0