View Single Post
      11-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #40
flaury23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuhandy View Post
As a recent buyer for an 2014 M6 GC I kind of agree with LI-M5.
Unfortunately as a buyer of a $60,000 or more vehicle, I usually assume the worst of a previous owner, unless of course I know them personally.
My criteria were in this order:

1 year of factory warranty left or CPO
CP
Full Leather
Less than 35K miles
San Marino Blue or Singapore Grey

FWIW I paid 59K for all these boxes checked.
I think the problem is that not many people value the mods over their other wants as mods can be installed by the new owners. Buyers can't remove mileage or add factory options easily.
I think you should totally strip the car back to stock as I think you'll come out ahead. I think you'd have an easy sell if you priced in the low to mid 50s and then make some of your money back on parting out the mods.

GLWS
Agreed. I think sellers are looking what other cars are listing for and base their minimum acceptance price on that. However the cars are selling much less than the initial asking price. These numbers are also proven when owners go and try to trade their car in and are shocked how low they value actually is.

As others have attested, you can buy a nice M6GC for late 50s if you are diligent and patient.

I think taking the car back to stock and selling the mods would be your best bet.
Appreciate 0