View Single Post
      04-17-2021, 11:17 PM   #14
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Following this thread with interest as this will be my next focus of upgrades.

I've mentioned a few times that the 205series C63AMGs have the engine and exhaust sound combined with (relative) refinement that I would love to come close to in my F06. That is also luxury car (albeit a class lower than the 6 series) with a turbocharged V8. IMO the M6 would then be the perfect package of styling, dynamics, practicality and exotic sound, at which point I'd be struggling to find a replacement vehicle under 6 figures. To achieve this, my plan is:

Tune - I have a Dinan S1 ready to install. I understand why people are critical of this especially at the price point given whats out there today. However I picked mine up for $500 so the price issue is moot. I'm also not looking for crazy power gains, the car is a missile stock, but what appeals to me is the OEM+ nature of the tune and super smooth driveability. The increase in HP and Torque from 2500-4000RPM is plenty for me and Dinan will keep the S63 happy.

Exhaust - I will research this in depth. My first choice is Akra/MPE which is likely what I'll go for, but open to others. The comp exhaust sounds nice and has some decent cracks/pops, but definitely lacks the in-cabin sound.

DPs - as a last point if I'm still looking for more sound, will research on here for the best performance/high flow DPs. Would prefer to avoid catless as don't want to deal with CEL/smell or other issues.

I know there are quite a few owners here around the DC area so may reach out to those with tuned cars to have a listen before I start throwing crazy $$$ at parts. Interested to hear all opinions though!
Appreciate 0