View Single Post
      04-14-2024, 07:48 AM   #3
Big G 1979
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d

[QUOTE=Opie55;31071776]Without being there to actually see the rubber bushing in person to see if it is degraded or torn, I'd say the movement you are showing is normal. The bushing is just rubber which is fixed at its inner circumference where the bolt goes through and is fixed at its outer circumference where it is pressed into the arm. But in between those two fixed points it's flexible rubber so you will be able to flex it sideways when you get a screwdriver in there like that. If it's torn that's a different matter, but your does not look torn, at least that I can see. The movement at the ball joint end is totally normal - that's what ball joints do. When driving, that arm is not really subject to those side to side forces. It's gets pressure straight in and out.

Thanks for the reply, I'm really struggling to find the fault, like said I thought it was the control arms on front so replaced those but didn't fix it. I've started to look at the rear as I think it's steering from the rear under acceleration.
Appreciate 0