View Single Post
      10-29-2022, 04:09 PM   #14
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
If the 991.1 GTS is out of budget then I'd look at a well spec'd 991.1 S. I just looked and your budget is like $110k USD, don't think you can get a manual V10 R8 for that anyway these days. For the Vantage the 2009+ had the updated 4.7L engine, not sure if Canadian model years are any different.

One thing I will say about the Aston that I've come to realize with my first CEL experience is that there are certain things only the dealer can diagnose as most indy shops don't have the software that the dealer has for diagnostics. Parts are expensive from the dealer, but if DIY'ing it most of the parts cross-reference a Ford part which is way cheaper, and the astonmartinbits website has parts a lot cheaper than dealers too. The 911 is probably the most reliable and easy to maintain along with great resale value.
911 is the smart easy choice, manual 991.1 GTS at 150K is possible in the cdn market, but not easy to find

I will likely go the 2009 and up if I go Aston, but I have to say my risk adverse self doesn't like the prospect of potentially huge repair bills

You can find R8 v10 gated at 150K Cdn in the cdn market but they will be higher mileage older examples
Appreciate 0