View Single Post
      05-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #2
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Robin,

I'm currently doing the same. I'm sticking with an all-season tire given that I'm in the northeast, and right now my front-runner is the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. It's essentially and "ultra high performance" all-season tire - designed to give a lot of what's great about a summer tire but with reasonable "light snow" capability.

If I was in an area that saw no snow and temps remained about 40, I'd probably just stick with a summer tire. In which case, the Michelin Pilot 4S is generally considered one of the very best.

Arguably, any "max performance" summer tire is overkill on a land yacht like the 6-series, though. These tires are much more at-home on a sports car, so you might save some money looking at a well-rounded GT tire, while also getting better tread life and comfort.

I'm a big fan of Michelin, though - have had good luck with them over the years. As I said, I'm still settling on my replacement for the 650, but more than likely it'll be the A/S 3+ given the reviews. Tire Rack has some good information - videos, reviews, etc.
Appreciate 1
Frupal792.50