Drives: M6, E70, E71

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBF650 View Post
wooohooo its getting hot in here and I'm not talking about low coolant in our reservoirs!

Gents we should all be respectful of each other indeed. Some people are more mechanically minded than others.

Michael you started this thread and I'm grateful you did! Your question prompted me to check my car. However I would suggest your dealer telling you to wait till a light comes on is absolutely silly and lazy advice particularly as we can both see our little middle reservoir is bone dry... I'm not a mechanic but I know this isn't right and while not hugely problematic I certainly will not be leaving it this way. Was my car cold , yes however even cold there should be fluid in the reservoir. I would caution anyone checking these pressure systems when hot this is how people get burned. Check when warmish for sure but please don't be taking pressure caps of cooling systems after the car has been on a run... this again is very poor advice from anyone.
I would assume yes there are low warnings for main coolant levels but again why would you wait till these come on if you can check it yourselves and top up if necessary.
Some dealers service people are as 'dumb as rocks'. I'm afraid I agree with Opie here .... I have had a number of interactions with some dealers over the years that I suspect would have difficulty finding their arse with both hands.
So.… all that being said , again thanks Michael for brining this to all our respective attention! very interesting and worthwhile thread and will be prompting us all to check these reservoirs regularly! Now I'm off to get some BMW coolant to store in my garage and for a bit of home checking from time to time.

Cheers all
Well done.
Thoughtful words here.

This fellow has been disrespectful to others here to many times.
For me, status IGNORE.
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Son’s
Appreciate 0