foma1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma1 View Post
really, what type of parts break or Damage am I looking at Drive train wise? and Thank you, I will definitely remember what you said.
The rear axles are the weakest link then the driveshaft then the rear diff housing .keep in mind if you have stock clutches they will slip at 700 +- ftlbs,There is all upgrades available ,so thats why most tuners will keep the car at a safe level when they tune them unless its built and want more power,If you want a 1000hp car all that stuff has to get upgraded, clutch packs,axles,rear diff support, and carbon drive shaft, turbos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma1 View Post
really, what type of parts break or Damage am I looking at Drive train wise? and Thank you, I will definitely remember what you said.
The rear axles are the weakest link then the driveshaft then the rear diff housing .keep in mind if you have stock clutches they will slip at 700 +- ftlbs,There is all upgrades available ,so thats why most tuners will keep the car at a safe level when they tune them unless its built and want more power,If you want a 1000hp car all that stuff has to get upgraded, clutch packs,axles,rear diff support, and carbon drive shaft, turbos

great info brother, thanks a lot. I have Downpipes, JB4 and I did drop in filters for my intake and I think I'm done. so hopefully I won't have any issues? what do u think?
Appreciate 0