05-18-2020, 03:42 PM   #27
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
No FCA service is worse. Believe me, I didn’t form the poor opinion of FCA out of anecdotal evidence. I once had a car serviced by a FCA dealership to swap out a battery harness, and it took them TWO WEEKS.

But at least during those two weeks they gave me a Grand Caravan loaner and a tank of gas that I happily took the family to Vegas and camping within those two weeks. Chevy? 2 plus months at the dealership for a $90k car, no offers of loaner, no offers of make up monthly payment for lack of use, drags feet and then goes for the cheapest route for repair instead of the best route.

IMO, I’d be glad to pay a decent premium for a semi-competent dealership experience, in shopping, service, and post purchase experience. So far both FCA and GM would be out of question for future vehicle purchases based on my experience. Funny thing is, I’ve purchased and serviced other vehicles at the same dealership before (it’s a Honda/Subaru/Chevy dealer), and I would gladly buy another Subaru and have it serviced there.

My ‘09 WRX wagon blew an AC Compressor pulley at 2,000 miles past warranty, and Subaru picked up the repair bill, good willed the fix and sent me on my way within 2 days. Serviced at the same dealership.

Go figure.

That’s why no matter how compelling the new mid engine C8 looks on paper, there will never be another GM product in my garage.
HACK -
SO sorry to hear of this; it is totally unacceptable to have to wait this long. Additionally, once repaired, I am sure you will have them warranty the repairs and add that any future internal failures will be GM's responsibility, as there is no means to determine if other internal components have been damaged by the initial failure.

Wishing you well.