pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
Like others in this thread, I have other non-BMW vehicles. My answer will depend on who I'm talking to. If I don't want to get into a conversation about cars, I'll say that I drive a Hyundai, which is my wife's car. Though I drive it way more than the M3. If I want to convey something more respectable, I will note that I drive a Jeep. If they ask what model, I will typically just say a Grand Cherokee. If it's a car person, I'll add "SRT". I'm careful about mentioning the BMW because right or wrong, people think you're fancy pants if you own even the cheapest, highest mileage used model. I usually reserve the BMW for closer friends or car enthusiasts. And even then, I just say that I drive a BMW. If they ask for more, I will them "M3".
Yeah, there's a slice of the population around Minnesota where if you say you drive a Ford pickup they think you're a "man of the people" even though it could be an F450 Crew Cab dually that cost $100K. If you tell them you drive a BMW, it could be a clapped-out 20-year-old 3-series worth $1000 and they'd still think you were stuck-up.
Salty Dog3572.50
WolfGTI716.00
b92539.50
MassNerd171.00