Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
Let's not forget that BEV is the dream of developed countries. But hydrocarbon has a lot higher energy density than BEV batteries. It's also a lot easier to store. When it comes to biodiesel, it's also very easy to produce.

There are remote parts of that world that will not see a power grid for a while. Their most reasonable and practical source of energy will be diesel.

Unless Doc Brown invented Mr. Fusion anytime soon, we will be burning fossil fuel for decades.
This. The majority of the people that drive to work, the people that actually put in the mileage in their cars everyday, are unlikely to be anywhere near a BEV in the foreseeable future until lower cost BEVs become far more common. The benefits of BEVs are questionable when the majority of them are owned by white collar workers who can work from home. It will be so for decades ahead.

A Kia Soul here starts at 21k CAD, a EV version is 42k CAD. Why would I spend double when I am leasing for four years? All the additional costs of ICE won't even be on the radar in that timeframe.

This whole us versus them mentality has to stop. It's fine you enjoy your EV, but let me enjoy my gas guzzling prehistoric dinosaur.

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 1
GenXer1363.00