View Single Post
      12-17-2020, 01:54 PM   #1
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Hvac blower noise on max AC

I have had my f06 looked at regarding AC noise on max setting. The dealer months back had replaced my cabin filters and charged me extra to remedy the noise however they never got rid of the noise... fast forward to now, I had a chance to take apart the hvac blower and housing after seeing it was not that difficult on YouTube. The hvac system is fairly similar across most BMW models so that is what allowed me to feel confident and jump in.

Before I ordered a new blower motor housing or any other parts I wanted to inspect things for myself. After taking it apart I noticed the filter media on the housing was good and that there was hardly any junk in the blower itself. I vacuumed, cleaned and carefully wiped away all grime including the rubber inlet closest to the cabin filters after the blower.

Long story short after putting everything back and vacuuming our a couple tiny leaves the hvac and noise that was present is now gone! The ac sounds smooth at max setting! Just worth checking out if your in a similar situation...

One tip is that the actual housing with the rubber flaps - that was very grimy and dirty and required careful cleaning on the bench to make them almost like new again... worth taking your time...
Appreciate 1