View Single Post
      01-27-2021, 05:26 AM   #130
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
I agree, 2021 cars are a minor evolution from 2020 and Merc stopped development/upgrades of the 2020 car early last season in order to concentrate on 2021 platform. This truth is that Red Bull, crowing that their car closed the gap in 2020, will struggle because like the previous two seasons Merc were already concentrating on following season. This is why 2022 changes are a big deal.

I disagree that Merc can put anyone in their cars and still win the championship. Bottas was beaten regularly, HAM was not. HAM has outperformed all of his team mates, even Nico (who IMO only won season because HAM car had unusually high mechanical failure rate that season, indeed statistically HAM power unit parts failed more than other Merc engines on the grid combined, a coincidence?).

Finally I am not impressed with Red Bull tactics, Christian Horner (man of repeated protests) pushing for fuel flow rate restrictions for Merc because other engines are less capable is woke BS (yeh, we should all get to win otherwise it’s not fair). The fact is F1 should be about the best, the fastest and most challenging, whereas it has been heading down the route of tyre management, micro-management by track officials , fuel management and for some teams ego management. Losing Honda is a shame, especially as their engine finally started delivering but Red Bull whining will not protect their investment.
You're talking rubbish,Russell not only beat BOT but in the same situation HAM would have to give way or have a collision which BOT avoided. I doubt the strange tyre mix up and subsequent screw in a new tyre (the tyre was never shown) or whatever would have happened if HAM had not got covid of which he said he tested positive as well as Wolff just now who apparently had no symptoms. Welcome to F1.
Appreciate 1