04-17-2019, 09:06 AM   #7
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34josh View Post
Even if you press the button to turn the "auto" off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Must have auto on. Doesn't turn on for me.
I think the complaints in this thread are coming from owners that purchased a car that has an IHKA (automatic climate control system) vs the standard IHKR (manual climate control system)...that turns itself ON in most situations.

I may be wrong (but I doubt it in this case)...but I think the complaints have nothing to do with the AUTO button being on (which is for automatic air distribution and blower speed control)...but more about that the HVAC system turns itself own even after they have completely turned it off when the car is restarted at a later time. The system will stay off as long as you restart the car before it has gone into SLEEP mode (which usually takes approx 16 minutes without any calls on the communication bus system).

Unfortunately for owners that have this complaint...unless you can find coding software...the system will usually turn itself back on because that's the way it was designed. There are interior recirculation filters (micro/pollen filters) that are incorporated in its design...so the system turns itself back on...at the LOWEST fan speed setting...when the system has been turned completely off...then the car restarted at a later time.

People with allergies probably don't complain...or owners that don't have an issue with pressing the FAN speed button to turn the system back off...if they still want the system shut down completely.

BTW, I've been reading this same complaint since the mid 1990s (e38/e39 era) that had the IHKA set-up.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
K737.50