View Single Post
      04-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #19
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Black X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilz4u2nv View Post
Sorry guys, I have been MIA from the forums for a while.
I answered back all the PMs from my inbox (again sorry for the delay in responding)

The tips I got from Amazon. They are the adjustable ones just in case I didn't like the blue flamed tips I could easily replace it and/or adjust them.
I guess the proper way would have been to weld them on but so far after a few months they have stayed in place and held the spacing well.
I would put a link on here to the exact tips I bought but i'm not sure that complies with 6post's terms of service.
Welcome back skilz! This thread got me really excited about achieving a similar look on my car as yours and I am getting pretty close now. Just curious...did you end up going with 3" or 3.5" wide tips? I am definitely moving forward with a muffler delete and I will have the same v style rear diffuser that wraps underneath the tips.

Here's my issue and hoping others may be able to help. I really want 4" quad burnt tips but it is impossible to find a 3" in with the dual 4" out, burnt, and staggered. Below are the closest on ebay. Now...I am being told by my muffler shop that they could cut off one of the welds and shave off about 1/4" and then re-weld back on to achieve the staggered look. I actually think I may end up going down that path unless any of you helpful gents has another suggestion or advice.

The other option I have is to find a y pipe adapter with a 3" inlet and dual 2.5" outs and then do single burnt tips. See following pics.

The problem is the measurement from center to center on most of these is exactly 4" which would mean my single 4" wide tips when welded on would be touching. Long stretch here but has anybody found a y adapter that has a little more spacing center to center? I really want the 4" tips to achieve look like the following:

Appreciate 0